2.3.16

Baby Clothes Everywhere

WE ALL KNOW THOSE MOM'S WHO GO WAY OVERBOARD WHEN THEY FIND OUT THEY'RE PREGNANT RIGHT? THE ONES WHO HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES THAT OUTFITS ARE DISPOSABLE INSTEAD OF WASHABLE? YEAH THAT WAS ME AND IT FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO ME LAST WEEK.


When I found out I was pregnant with my first child I thought I wouldn't have enough time to accumulate what I needed with the salary I was making in the 9 short months until baby arrived. (still to this day i dont know why i thought the costs for baby were all on me but I do still think that way for the most part) So I started to get pieces of neutral clothing here and there on clearance racks and dollarstores. I wasn't doing too bad at only a few pieces each month.
Then I got the ultrasound that it was a boy! (Which we guessed anyways) and I went to kijiji and Facebook for sale groups and found people selling garbage bags of clothing for around 20-40$ a bag! I figured it out to be a good price even if I only kept a dozen or so pieces from each bag and donated or sold the rest considering the fact that new outfits can be that much for one or two of them.
I also had three close friends who had boys the year before who gave me basically all of theirkids clothes! And then I had my baby shower and received another dozen or so outfits!
My mom and I spent a whole MONTH sorting by size and throwing out the very stained ones and putting it ALL away. I hoarded it basically and didn't donate or sell any of it.
Fast forward to 2 months after my son was born and I was pregnant again! I still had all my sons clothes in his room away so I was hoping for another boy, not just because of the clothes and stuff I had but because I desperately missed my son. I didn't buy anything and by the time I was showing everyone thought it was another boy but I had very big doubts because of family history. Our family has never skipped a beat in this pattern for generations and I was due to be having a girl by that pattern.
We went for the ultrasound and sure enough I was told it was a girl. Which overwhelmed me alot. But that's all another story.
So shopping time again, I didn't want to accumulate as much as I had for my son since I knew it was beyond excessive. I bought a few diaper boxes from a friend and another small box from one lady then just waited for the baby shower. It was an even smaller turnout than the one for my son but we had fun and little one got quite a few outfits.
Once I had packed up the boy clothes and put away all the girl clothes it was time for baby to come. She was only born one month when a friend of mine dropped off a few garbage bags of clothes for her! So all togeather I think she had nearly the same amount as I had for my son.
Now.. in our basement was all the boys clothes, all the girls clothes I hadn't been able to go thru yet and of course all the clothes I knew were for when she got older. And I knew it had to get done. I mentioned it to hubby and a couple days later I woke up to find my craft room was gone and in its place was piles of garbage bags and bins of clothes. (This is why I haven't been uploading for 2 weeks)
So now two weeks later and countless hours of sorting and aweing and a few tears later it's all sorted. All the boys clothes sorted by size with the exception of a few pieces I kept for sentimental reasons and all the girls clothes that was too small or that I just wasn't a big fan of.
I have no living room left and am in the very slow process of selling it all and will donate whatever is left by the weekend.
Moral of the story: shop lightly: my kid can wear an outfit once and throw it away because I'm a hoarder!





No comments:

Post a Comment