2.3.16

Learning To Blend Distress Inks

For ages I've always seen people use distress inks with such EASE!! it irks me because i had the absolute hardest time with it. Originally I thought my inks were a problem, My first distress inks were given to me by my grandmothers friend and i figured they weren't blending well because maybe they were wet enough or maybe they were just to old.  





                                    



So after a bit more research I found out to use the Distress Mini Blending Tool and I bought mine from Simonsaysstamp.com (if you click the tool name it'll bring you right to it) and of course once i discovered this site... yea my credit card hated me for awhile ;) 
Either way, I got those little suckers along with some extra blending foams (being optimistic ill be a pro at this now) and got to work with some scrap paper. I followed every advice to a T yet my little circle motions were still showing their streaks, and my colors looks splotchy *tears*
So then i figured it had to be my ink pads, so back to simon says i went and ordered a few colors of mini's. (LOVE THE MINI VERSIONS) 
Back at it.... ink pad wasn't the problem *mega tears* so after about 2 hours of playing and circling and dabbing and slowly going crazy i finally figured it out! You have to be VERY light handed... yeah it never looks like that when i watch the ladies on youtube... but it's what worked for me *more tears.. of joy*


While I still have the rythem of it going i decided to do a corner of a card base with barn door while i still had this magical talent. (I was sure it would be gone by morning) and figured i would turn it into a card!! I had just gotten a few rubber stamps from art impressions and this one just seemed to go perfectly. (plus it was for hubby since he didn't go crazy over the masses of craft supplies I bought! YAY) I stamped the floating lady on and made a second copy so i could cut out the balloon. Colored her in with my copic markers (the few i got for Christmas that I LOVE) and then mounted the secod heart with some dimensional adhesive, 

Turned out not so bad, i still have massive trouble with blending my distress inks though, but practice makes perfect!!!

HAPPY CRAFTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment