2.3.16

Holiday Cards

     

A TOTAL OF 16 CARDS AND A BUNCH IN THE TRASH IN THE PROCESS!




After a trip to the Great Canadian Dollarstore and buying every 6x6 paper pack they had... i had far too much Christmas paper and not enough time (at the time). I watched a video of a lady who used an ENTIRE 6x6 pack to make a bunch of cards. Basically because 6x6 packs aren't the most useful things sometimes, she said that before she would allow herself to open a new one she had to finish the open one. GREAT IDEA... not for me though, i just tore a couple sheets out and made these two cards and I'll be spending most of the end of summer making Christmas cards *and trying to think cool thoughts*


      So basically with these two sheets, my paper cutter, a piece of black cardstock and 
some adhesive, and of course a dollarstore stamp set (because why would I pass up 
ANY stamps ever) I threw together these. 
       each black base is 4.25 x 5.5 
      First color paper 3.75 x 5
      Black Strip 2.5x3.75
      color strip on top of that one 2x3.25
and then the square piece i have no clue how big it was but i made sute just big enough 
for my sentiment.
      Basic :)


    Pretty much the same design as 1 but was definitly a different process. at this time i had gotten a couple embossing folders but hadn't yet gotten my machine (i knew it was a christmas gift) and at that point i didnt think of using my pasta machine (YEP that works!! 
article to come) 
    So I hauled out my rolling pin, luckily i have  marble one so theres a bit of weight to it already. 
for the stripes I tried a technique i had seen on pintrest about inking the folder then running it. 
SURE lets try that... im sure it works wonderfully with a embossing machine but with a rolling 
pin its gives this splotchy look (which i secretly LOVE) so those parts didnt turn out that bad. 
My next attempt was the snowflakes, i rolled them first with my handy dandy rolling pin *wink 
wink* then rubbed my stamp pad over it super gently. Once again i backed everything in 
black cardstock and stamped a dollarstore sentiment on it (i have about 6 sets from the 
dollarstore and have had NO problem with them) and colored them with pencil crayons. 
    Basic Again ;) 



These 12 cards were done for the caring hearts card drive, giving cards to people in nursing homes who would love the Holiday Cheer. 
   These cards i cannot say much about as the majrity were done with my cricut and design software. For any Patterned pieces i glued them behind the cut out with the dollarstore 6x6 paper packs i had bought. A few sentiment stamps with my dollarstore stamps 
(now that i look back I never realized i only had about 2 stamp sets at this time that weren't
from the dollarstore, now i have over 40 not counting the ones from the dollarstore) 

No comments:

Post a Comment