4.3.16

How Cool Is That?! Brusho Exploding Watercolor Crystals

I definitely had a blast playing with these guys! This very impromptu video was made when these little suckers arrived almost a month before I expected them to. I ordered them from amazon for under 30$ which included 5 colors and a thickener (i'm still trying to figure out what that's for) After playing with them I definitely want to try to make some Mists with it and see how that goes since we all know mists can be somewhat pricey!

The colors in the whole line are very pretty but my kit only came with these: Turquoise, Leaf Green, Yellow, Purple and Brilliant red.


But I'm sure I can make any color in the world with these ones. Now the cool part about brusho is it can be used in many ways, this video is just straight from the bottle. You can also turn it into mists, use it like a true watercolor, I would like to try making it into a paste to stain through stencils even.

Either way the coolest part about these is that inside each little 15gram container is what looks like powder but are actually crystals. They react with water and "explode" or dissolve rather instantly leaving it look like fireworks!
Cool right? Now I do see it says non toxic on the packaging therefore it should be safe for kids BUT its also super messy if your not careful so maybe not the best for younger kids. If you accidentally spill a granule somewhere and don't see it, if you touch it it will react with your skins moisture, or stain your cloth when cleaning up.

Now I also recommend using a heavy weight watercolor paper with this; Mine was only 90 lbs and warped even taped down so it left a lot of pooling and mudding in some areas. Also be sure to expiriment, I've seen some amazing work done with brusho like a grizzly bear which was amazing!

Now I dont ever expect to do that well but I made a tree.... So heres my random video



No comments:

Post a Comment