2.3.16

What On Earth Is mommy Time


Okay Mommies (and Daddies), 'tis time for some chit chat *yay for adult conversation* I'm not sure exactly how some people do it.. the whole perfect parent thing. I know, I know, it doesn't exist "a perfect parent" because no one knows whats perfect! 

    At this point I consider myself to be SUPER lucky with Lydia, she has a pretty set routine and she never goes crazy fussy for too long. Also generally I can put her down and do a quick chore like unload or load the dishwasher or make formula (yep I'm a formula mommy, Don't judge - my milk jugs are broken lol) 


    So what's this all about then, right? Even with what I feel like is the best baby in the world, I think all Mommies or Daddies who stay home with baby 24/7 need a break sometimes to get their head back into place! Now I know, some people DONT want their time to themselves-I've had a couple girls tell me this which partly baffled me but I can understand. Now I'm Not talking about a trip to the spa, or a weekend away with the girls - No, for me, me time is a trip to the grocery store by myself, or a couple hours to clean or in the craft room. 
    I remember last weekend my Fiance laughed at how I was excited about a simple conversation with a stranger at Walmart about baby stuff lol. Thankfully I didnt end up using baby voice with them! But in all honesty I have always been one to rather stay home than go out so it works great. But even with that, I still like some ME time  

    Apperantly I have about a year left of this "easy" stage as some call it, (Why the heck i've heard that term used for babies I have NO IDEA) after that I've been told I will "understand" this little post right here.
<-----

    But maybe this is just me as a NEW mom still in this stage and not just looking back on it; this stage isn't "easy" its not hard either (yet) but it's far from easy. But I manage just like all moms and dads do. Thankfully I have the BEST other half a girl could ask for (nope you cant have him, hes mine!) He works over 40 hours a week, still always ends up getting up before me to watch little one while i sleep. Then on the weekend always helps out with the housework if there's any to be done (I never did the floors at this house once since we moved here, he always did until a few weeks ago i finally bought a real mop bucket since our bucket we had was literally just a bucket)
    Makes me wonder though, what do other mommies (and daddies) do for Mommy/Daddy time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment