2.3.16

Spinner Slider Thingy Card

Spinner Card? Slider Card? Whatever Card 


We've all seen these amazing cards on pintrest where the lovely little character can be rotated around the middle of the card and they're s stinking cute, right? 

I definitly did and I HAD to give it a try. 

Now - This is more error than success (watch video to see most footage was unusable) 





To put it simply, it wasn't easy. I used my stitched circle dies from simon says stamp - using the #6 and #4 dies i cut out the center leaving the gap. 
I then cut out a foam circle using the #3 die to support the center circle and two of the size #2 circles for the slider itself. (cirlce size diagram I made right here:) 
Next I placed foam with adhesive on the top and bottom of the purple piece, as well as filled in the edges leaving 1/4" gap of paper visible looking basically like this:


(yep i dont even have footage of that lol)

Next i placed my black foam size 3 circle and glued it dead center of the card and then Decorated my center circle.
After that was the slider... the HARDEST part ever. For those of you who live in Canada, you know we dont have pennies anymore, for those of you elsewhere in the world: I don't have pennies in my country... yeah.. so the penny slider trick was what I thought impssible unless i used 10cent coins. I first tried to fashion a slider out of foam but it simply wouldn't work. next i tried some plastic pieces which also didnt work. Then I went on a hunt for old purses with the hopes of finding two pennies...LOL 

FOUND THEM! now even harder part... getting them to sick to the foam spacer :
I tried E6000, Two way tape, superglue and even nail glue but none of them would adhere the penny to the foam like I had seen, In the end i left the penny sandwich with e6000 todry over night and it seemed to work.  

After that I put the penny sandwich down  and adhered my center #4 circle on top the the size 3 foam making sure the pennies were under and on top of the cardstock on both sides. I then places my size 2 foam circle on top of the penny and adhered my starfish, stamped my greetings, took a picture and tossed it in a box because I was DONE for the night! 

Anywho, if you know a better way to get this to work please let me know!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment