2.3.16

Watercolor is hard!

Watercolor: Something you're either great at or completly suck at and never want to try again (at least in my opinion) So when I was out too my local dollarstore and seen a "childrens" water color set, I of course figured I HAD to be able to figure this one out... right? 







Wrong, Kinda. 



While I was able to come up with the end result being pretty darn cute in my eyes, it was a bit of trial and error. 


The next thing I had picked up that day was from Walmart- this GORGEOUS stamp set. its by inkadinkado so I knew it was decent quality for 6$. Sadly however I lost this set after i did these cards (a few months ago now) and still haven't found them. I also don't want to buy a new set because the minute I do I'll find my old ones. Isn't that always how it happens?

My ink was a dye ink I also grabbed at the dollarstore as well as the cardstock I used. 

The process is simple like any other card. Once I stamped the images about a dozen times (just in case), I started with the watercolor process. (NOTE: Firstly I probably should have used water color paper, secondly I'm very glad I used my own brushes and not the one that comes in the set)

I tried with very little water, which didn't work so well

I tried with a bit more water, and it looked okay

I tried with A LOT of water- MAGIC!
(for these paints I guess)

Once i figured that out, I discovered I could make a fade look using this knowledge (smart cookie eh?) starting with very little water at the inside edges and adding just more water to the area and working the pigments up seemed to work wonders. 

Anywho it was all fairly straight forward after that, cut trim and glue. 

Now.. I'm off to hunt for that stamp set. 


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment